Thursday, June 14, 2007

Allergies: How I'm Healing Mine

About my recent discoveries about my mucous... it could be the pollen, but pollen gets in everyone's noses... so, it's us folks on the edge... with weakened immune systems or past our threshold for allergens, pushed over the top by pollen or whatever... so, we've got to get off the fence and back on the ground of well being. My "allergies" or mucous issue has greatly improved thanks to the teachings of a chinese doctor and the yoga sutras. Here are the current top 4 hanging on my wall next to the computer:

1: Sleep. Go to bed early (before 11PM). Chinese medicine says our liver must rest from 11pm to 3am aroundabouts. if it doesn't, problems ensue. I didn't bellieve, but now I do and it's helped me immensely!

2. Excercise Daily. Necessary.

3. Stop, contemplate, Meditate: Answers soon follow.

4. Eating healthy, small portions, only when truly hungry for the purpose of serving the Lord... and not for sense gratification. This one has allowed me to quit some foods that may have been aggravating my system... especially bread, which I failed to quit so many times before. I've discovered I'm allergic to yeast... putting nutritional yeast on my food now causes an instant nose explosion and coughing? So glad I found out.

*Bonus: No smoking: Smoking is enemy of our lungs, and who wants to be an enemy of their own body? If the Lungs are unhappy, the respiratory system will be unhappy, thereby causing the nose unhappiness in myriad ways. The good Herb is best taken orally through food or oil (if required at all... Chinese medicine says it weakens the Kidneys, and the Kidneys are considered a vital organ of health). Why fight the body when we can make Peace with it!

No comments:

Number of Visitors